Skip to content

The Present Day Italian Mafia

February 17, 2012


Many people think that the day of the infamous Italian Mafia in the United States are now over. However, reports are showing that during this economic crisis the United States is in the Mafia is racking in billions annualy. Last year in February there was the biggest mob crackdown ever recorded in our nation. Nearly 150 mobsters were sent to jail on charges of murder, extortion, rackeetering, and many more things. The mob clearly effects our country greatly, both economically and health wise. The mob does have their hands in alot of fraud, this could effect someones financial life and keep them from living a healthy lifestyle. The five families in New York have ties to drug trafficking all through out the nation. It is said that the Mexican Cartels in Mexico distribute over 85% of the United States drugs, I am pretty sure a good amount of the other 15% comes from the Mafia. What are some of your thoughts on how the Mafia effects everyday lives and the health of some civilians in the United States?

 

Advertisements

From → Uncategorized

Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: